How can we reduce emissions, capture carbon, and adapt to climate change?
- Save electricity. Turn off lights and appliances that are not in use. Buy appliances that save energy.
- Dry your clothes outside or under clear plastic roofing instead of in a dryer.
- Use LED lightbulbs. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs contain mercury which pollutes water systems.
- Use solar lamps.
- Install a solar water heater.
- Install solar panels.
- Ask your government to support 100% renewable energy.
Foto por Katy VanDusen
Foto por JP Monge
- Walk when you can.
- Consume local products.
- Ride a bicycle.
- Use and support collective transportation: buses, train, carpooling, and shared taxis.
- Offset your transportation footprint.
- Drive and electric vehicle: car, truck, bus, golf cart, motorcycle or bicylce. You can recognize an electric vehicle by its plug.
- Fly less.
- Travel lightly.
- Install bike racks and electric charging stations for your clients and employees.
- Practice working from home using the Internet, email, and the telephone.
- Invest in carbon neutral cargo ships.
Asociación de Movilidad Eléctrica
Essentially Electric: How Costa Rica can champion electric mobility