How can we reduce emissions from transportation, electricity and
liquid petroleum gas (LPG)?
33% of Monteverde's emissions
- • Walk when you can.
- • Ride a bicycle.
- • Be part of Bicionarios de Monteverde.
- • Use and support collective transportation: buses, trains, carpooling, and shared taxis.
- • Drive an electric vehicle: car, truck, bus, golf cart, motorcycle or bicycle.
- • Install bike racks and electric charging stations for your clients and employees.
- • Be part of the Ruta Eléctrica Monteverde.
- • Offset Your Footprint with our transportation emissions calculator.
- • Fly less.
- • Travel lightly.
- • Consume local products.
- • Work from home instead of commuting.
- • Invest in carbon neutral cargo ships.
2% of Monteverde's emissions
- • Save electricity: Turn off lights. Unplug appliances that are not in use. Buy appliances that save energy.
- • Dry your clothes outside or under clear plastic roofing instead of in a dryer.
- • Use LED lightbulbs. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs contain mercury which pollutes water systems if put in the trash.
- • Use solar lamps.
- • Install a solar water heater.
- • Install solar panels.
Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG)
11% of Monteverde's emissions
- • Eliminate gas leaks. Replace the Central American valve on your gas tank with a screw valve.
- • Cook with electricity instead of gas. Induction stoves are precise, fast, and use minimal electricity.
- • Use biogas from a bio-digester.